At Lansdowne College we work closely with all our students in order to fully understand their inspiration and aptitude, so we can devise a tailor-made personal study programme to help them achieve their full academic potential.
We teach successful learning habits and stimulate critical thinking to ensure that students at our top London sixth form college maximise their exam results and consequently their undergraduate opportunities. Our staff give expert guidance to help students gain entry to leading universities, both in the UK and abroad.
We do this by providing:
- A dedicated personal tutor for every student
- Small, focused classes with an average of seven students, facilitating interactive lessons
- Outstanding teaching, combining the best traditional methods alongside modern educational practices
- Comprehensive tutor notes for every subject
- Academic profiling using Durham University’s ALIS performance predictors
- Frequent exam practice with comprehensive and constructive feedback
We encourage our students to ask questions to elicit information and deepen their subject knowledge. We aim to develop their understanding beyond their course textbooks and ensure that they gain a comprehensive overview of their subject syllabuses. This methodology helps develop the thought processes required for exam success and subsequent progression to top universities.
Examination Practice Papers
Regular practice is crucial in ensuring success in the all-important end-of-year exams. The system of Examination Practice Papers (EPP) at Lansdowne College builds our students’ confidence and understanding of the exam process and enables our teachers to keep close track of their students’ progress. Each week students sit a one-hour EPP under exam conditions. Results are carefully assessed and additional support is given in study areas which may need revisiting to ensure students ultimately achieve the highest possible grades.